On Saturday morning the KM4Dev core group was joined by all those participants who were interested in KM4dev community “business”. The morning was divided in two sessions: One that was looking at the history, context, purpose, challenges and opportunities of the Km4Dev core group, and a second session where we explored in groups issues, and ideas related to our community.
The first session was handled in a Fishbowl format and generated quite a lot of interest, the second session was again an Open Space and participants came up with the following topics / ideas for discussions:
- Technology issues in relation to Dgroups and the Re-structuring of our KM4Dev Tech Infrastructure
- What are possible Criteria & KM4Dev quality standards of joint projects?
- Writing a proposal to fund a Km4Dev incubator
- Create KM4Dev Regional chapters
- What are the expectations from KM4Dev for sponsored participants?
- How can we finance our meetings?
- Lets organize a Community Action Day
- Ways to move forward the Network of Networks work
You can find already some details about each idea and the notes from the reporting back session at the Km4Dev wiki:
Some points that pooped up very strongly in the discussions:
- The need to coordinate funding efforts
- The need to crystallize some principles for the community with respect to governance and finances if we go the path of fundraising
- The strong feeling that it is time to open regional chapters and that there is lots of energy out there to go ahead. Yeah!
- The wonderful idea of the community day: straightforward, easy, and energizing!