When we began our blog series on Social Medial Tools two months ago, we had no idea how successful it would be. Feedback from readers has been positive and encouraging, so much so that Meena Arivananthan (who has written the series with input from Antonella Pastore and Simone Staiger-Rivas) finished the tenth post on these tools a few days ago. And there’s no stopping her.
For easy reference, we have assembled the various links to these mini tutorials below, so you can now tell at a glance where to get help on newsfeeds, wikis, microblogging, and much, much more:
Looks at microblogging tools like Twitter and Yammer
2. Blogging for impact
Blogging and agricultural research
3. Social Media: how do you know it’s working?
Incorporating social media into your communications strategy
4. Social Networks: friend or foe?
Using social networking sites to your advantage
5. Social Media: Are You Listening?
Practicing social media listening
6. Social Bookmarking: storm-a-brewing
Social bookmarking and the CGIAR
7. Wikis, sites, docs and pads: the many flavours of collaborative writing
Tools for collaborative writing
8. Are newsletters a dying breed?
How effective are e-newsletters today?
9. Newsfeeds: delivering the latest news to your virtual doorstep; and ways to share it!
Taking advantage of newsfeeds
10. Put it out there! Tools for photo, video and slideshow sharing
How to share photos, videos and slideshows