We are pleased to invite you to attend the Knowledge Share Fair for Latin America and the Caribbean which will take place in the week of May 24, 2010 at the International center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in Cali, Colombia. We received more than 90 proposals from more than 10 countries. Therefore we have been able to design a most interesting tentative agenda.
In order to register, please fill out the registration form before May 14.
The event is being organized by the Information and Communications Technology and Knowledge Management Program (ICT-KM) of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), the Knowledge Management for Development Community (KM4Dev), and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT).
This Fair emphasizes Latin America and the Caribbean as a region, and has the following objectives:
- Demonstrate how formal and informal knowledge sharing improves the effectiveness, efficiency, and impact of working activities
- Share and learn from each other’s good practices
- Provide staff from different organizations with the opportunity to get to know and learn from each other to create linkages and networks for future collaboration
- Develop ideas to support and enhance knowledge sharing within and across organizations
- Experiment with tools and methodologies for knowledge sharing
The Fair will be structured in exhibition stands, hands-on training, and facilitated sessions with interactive modes of presenting the activities, focusing on experiences and lessons learned (see attached tentative agenda). Participants will explore how different face-to-face knowledge sharing methods and e-tools can be applied to their work and present innovative solutions that encourage effective collaboration, networking, and leadership.
The week consists in 3 events:
- A pre-event: The meeting organized by RIMISP about “Market access strategies for the rural poor in Latin America”, on May 24.
- The Knowledge Fair, that will be held from May 25 to 27, the last day only in the morning.
- A post-event: The meeting of the Knowledge Management for Development Community (KM4Dev), on May 27 in the afternoon and May 28.
You are cordially invited to participate in the three events: fill out the registration form before May 14. All the information related to the Fair is available at http://www.sharefair.net/ciat-share-fair-cali/