The Second Global Knowledge Share Fair will be held from 27-29 September 2011 at IFAD headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Building on the success of the First Global Knowledge Share Fair, this three-day event provides a forum for participants to learn and share their knowledge, experience and innovations on emerging trends relating to agriculture, food security, price volatility, climate change, changing demographics and other rural development related issues.
The organisers are now inviting proposals for sessions on the following specific themes:
- new trends and thinking on coping with market access challenges and developing markets for small farmers
- innovative use of mobile technology and/or social media in the agriculture sector to enhance food security and nutrition
- the impact of migration and population growth to feed future population
- new technologies and innovative agricultural and farming practices to increase productivity
- opportunities for innovative partnerships including with private sector, farmer organizations, environment-friendly and green innovations